Ah gingerbread. Is there anything more comforting than a chewy ginger cookie around the holidays? Well yes, probably (haha realism!) but that is definitely one of my favourite things! My simple pleasure. One of my other simple pleasures is a perfectly golden brown grilled cheese! Hmm all of my simple pleasures soon to revolve around food… I digress!

Simple pleasures in matcha form! Way quicker than to bake a cookies, cheaper than buying a batch, and I can drink it! YES! I am very pleased with this matcha. : )

The first time I tried it was shaken in a waterbottle! This was not the way to go haha. It tasted like ginger water – definitely tasted like it was good for me! Just not too palatable.

Whisking it up hot with a pinch of brown sugar is definitely the way to go! Holy moley that’s good! Sweet and gingery (VERYgingery) with the depth of molasses. I tamed the ginger with a splash of cream and was more than happy with the result.

This is another of many amazing offerings from Red Leaf tea! (http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/gingerbread-matcha.html) Unique and delicious flavours! I will definitely take my cue from aisling of tea and bake up a batch of green zombie gingerbread men this Halloween! Thanks for the awesome idea – I might even have to make some zombie santas for Christmas too ; )

LiberTEAS

I’ve got this one on queue for today. Can’t wait to try it, I think I’m going to prepare it as soon as I finish my cup of the spice blend I’m drinking now.

Zoltar

hop on the shopping list ! Gingerbread man i should start making some soon been one years already ( i make then just after the first snow fall it kinda my winter dessert

aisling of tea

If only I hadn’t already promised to make pumpkin poundcake and cranberry orange bread for thanksgiving, I would so be showing up with zombie gingerbread men. Grandma would love that >.<

DaisyChubb

Ohh those sound delicious too! I’m was going to make pumpkin custard tarts but I don’t have any family here so no one will mind if I change it up haha. I’m sure your bread/poundcake will be amazing!

Nik

Pumpkin…custard…tarts? [brain explodes]

Comments

LiberTEAS

Zoltar

aisling of tea

DaisyChubb

Nik

Pumpkin…custard…tarts? [brain explodes]

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy