Ohhhh I got my oolongs in the mail.

Let’s talk this tea. I smelled the dry leaf of the Spring TGY and it reminded me a little of the raw butternut squash I had cut up recently. THEN I opened this one up! Now THAT is squash! No, deeper! Definitely pumpkin. Pumpkin and spiced rum and oolong and yeeeah I’m drinking this one tonight.

I’m sure it comes as no surprise that this tea just gives and gives. The flavours evoke so many autumn feelings – I love it! I definitely want to don a knit sweater with a thermos full of this and go apple picking.

My first experience with this tea was with my gaiwan. I just love to get on the boat and take a ride through the flavours as they change. When I see the reference to simmering oatmeal, this tea really evoked a memory of a recipe I have for slow cooked steel cut oats with pumpkin puree and spices, topped with whipped cream. Ah, fall! How I love thee!

Also, let’s not talk about rain. I guess it goes hand in hand with fall here – I only like it when I don’t have to go out in it – and the grey depresses me so! That said, with a tea like this to keep me warm, I think I’ll be okay :)

Easily one of the best TGYs I have ever had the opportunity to taste.

MissMylin

When I moved from Regina to Vancouver, the rain got to me too. We Prairie folk need our sunshine! But teas like this will definitely make it more bearable :)

Comments

MissMylin

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy