drank Gyokuro by Pekko Teas

Okay – so after receiving my KaiMatcha and tasting that amazing flavour – I was craving more of it!
Just one sniff of the dry leaf of this great quality Gyokuro was enough to know that this would cure my umami craving.

I made a huge 40oz pot of it (huge because I was all by myself lol) and starting drinking it like it was going out of style. Oh my – so savoury. It tasted like fresh green grass, but it wasn’t at all bitter. There was a slight astringency at the end of the sip – but oh so slight (I brewed at 175 for 2 mins!)

The scent was so fresh and summery – this is a very special tea. I can’t wait to try the method of brewing with just the tea leaves and icecubes. That concentrated flavour is exactly what I’m craving!

TheTeaFairy

the ice method is one I have yet to try…must say it does intrigue me but for some reason, I never bring myself to do it!

Comments

TheTeaFairy

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy