drank Korean Sejak by DAVIDsTEA

Picked up a little $1 bag when I was pursuing the giant Perfect Mugs (on my Kissmas list ;) ).

I found the flavour to be very mild, almost too mild for me. I didn’t find it bitter, but it was a bit salty and slightly vegetal in the way nori seaweed can be, but not enough of that delicious seaweed flavour that I crave.

Just not enough! I think maybe the sample pack was a teeny bit too small for the mug I used. Either way I probably won’t go back for this one – it made me crave gyokuro and I KNOW that will cure my flavour blues :D

mynameismoe

i find the amount in those is slightly small for the perfect mugs. ..but i like really strong tea.

DaisyChubb

Good call – I was definitely using my perfect mug! It’s more of a tsp instead of a “perfect” tsp hey? haha

Stella

For Korean Sejak, you have to use lower temperature than other green teas, and longer brewing time. I can never make it as good as my mom does, but when it’s done right, you can never go back to other green teas.

SamSohyun

Sejak is the middle quality Korean tea. Ujon is the highest quality. Sejak should be brewed at around 65-70 degrees for perhaps a minute or so, depending on the steeping vessel.
The best teas are picked in Hadong on Jirisan, and as with all green teas, the first leaves are the finest and contain the lion’s share of all the goodness of the tea.
I am sorry to disagree with you Stella, but Korean jakseol green teas are very delicate and must not be brewed for a long time. If you brew it for a long time it will become bitter, and the color will become slightly more brown than the proper golden color.

Comments

mynameismoe

DaisyChubb

Stella

SamSohyun

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy