I enjoy this as a relaxing brew,

but lately we have no groceries, out of seasoning salt and soya sauce – all we have is rice! So I made up some rice with this tea, it’s amazing. I added a pinch of salt and a pat of butter. It’s creamy, nutty and full of flavour. Win!

The DJBooth

Awesome…glad there are more people who cook with tea. Try mashed potatoes with Lapsang :)

Veronica

Great idea. We’re having as part of our dinner tonight, and I’m going to try this.

DaisyChubb

I’ve baked with my tea a lot, but rarely just straight up rice. I wish I had some lapsang, I have nooo smoky teas anymore as I gave them all away. oops!

Nice Veronica, enjoy your amazing dinner!

Bonnie

My fav is genmaicha tea with butter melted in it. I pour this sauce on spaghetti squash, but I bet it’s good on rice too.

DaisyChubb

Ohhh I’ve been meaning to pick up a spaghetti squash once we have money for real food! My body is craving nutrition <3

Marcel Duchamp

Mashed Potatoes with Lapsang sounds really good. I need to try that for sure.

Comments

The DJBooth

Veronica

DaisyChubb

Nice Veronica, enjoy your amazing dinner!

Bonnie

Marcel Duchamp

Mashed Potatoes with Lapsang sounds really good. I need to try that for sure.

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy