drank Honey Bee by DAVIDsTEA

Yum.
$1 today!
First of all, I love that this tea has an energy boost. I can hardly taste the mate aftertaste (the only reason I can taste it is because I know it’s in there I think!)

I am baffled as to how it tastes like honey. I was going to sweeten this one actually but I totally forgot, and it didn’t need it! (Man am I on repeat? haha)
The lemon is very nice too. Not overpowering, just there, like a squeeze of lemon with no harshness or acidity.

It DOES smell like Lush’s Honey soap, which might make this a tea I stock up on. It’s delicious iced. Very unique flavour in my opinion.

Iced
Cattibrie

I am not a huge fan of this tea. To me it tastes fuzzy, like I am drinking a bee. Is it better iced than hot?

DaisyChubb

You know, I don’t think I could drink this one hot to be honest. I think it would be too much! I love it iced (not brewed too long), but it doesn’t seem like a nice hot tea. I also think I would be reminded of neocitran or something haha. yuck.
So, unhelpful as I am, I’m really not too sure! It might just be a certain taste for certain people, this one def has a strong taste of.. something. haha

DaisyChubb

I have to add another comment – it totally does taste like drinking a bee. So maybe it’s better to drink a bee when it’s cold? At least the bee is a refreshing bee. AND at least the name of the tea is relevant to the taste? _;

Comments

Cattibrie

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy