drank Bear Trap by DAVIDsTEA

Very very flavourful!
A perfect iced tea flavour. Berries and berries!

Got it for my $1 tea today. The berry taste is juicy and tart, which I will admit is not my favorite taste, but for people into fruit teas – this one is excellent.

As a personal note, it’s too sour for me, I should have added a bit of sweetener maybe? I’ve had a bad history with herbal fruit teas, though, which have all been sour and bleh since I can remember, so I’m reminded of those unfortunately. Pretty sure that’s just by psychological taste buds though, don’t let that stop you from trying it!

Edit: I don’t know why, but I really want to use this as a base for a bbq sauce for chicken. There. I said it.

Iced
aisling of tea

points to my rant about hibiscus on the comment I just posted on Strawberry White That sourness and tartness you’re tasting is probably the hibiscus. That’s my big complaint with herbals. If they have hibiscus, they get really tart, really fast. My suggestion is to try some of this at home with a shorter steep time…that’s how I fell in love with this tea. It’s also amazing in pancakes!

DaisyChubb

Thank you! I’m still tea-learning so that is very helpful. Bear Trap just got worse and worse as I got to the bottom of the cup D: (I know David’s steeps for a long time though, so I will def give this a try at home another time!) It’s very good to know that I now have something to watch out for in other teas though. Thanks again!

aisling of tea

Any time! It was such a revelation to me when I figured out it was the hibiscus. Blegh hibiscus ;). Yeah, the in-store teas are never steeped the way I like them, but they can’t please everyone XD. I’m just super picky.

Comments

aisling of tea

DaisyChubb

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy