Hokay you guys. Okay. Okay. I can’t even putinto words what i did with this tea last night. Okay?! Deep breaths.

So I wanted to try making tea cookies, with tea infused butter. I chose this tea because a black tea seemed smart for the first try. Oh my god. DO IT. Okay I digress, I chose a simple Whipped Shortbread recipe because it would totally allow the flavour to come through if I did it right. (I used 1 cup margarine, 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 3/4 cup flour).

To make the butter (margarine because I’m cheap) it’s just one tablespoon of loose tea to every tablespoon of butter. In my case, I eye balled it and used way more than I should have because it was my first time, but the flavour was over the top so you don’t need to use that much!

Anyways, the smell of the butter was just.. honey and raspberry and I wanted to eat the leaves right then and there. But I made the cookies. And they were amazing, I can’t even describe in this super long rating. SO – got a cheap black tea that is bitter or meh? Make cookies.

I’ll be sending this out at a sample to a few people, so if it’s meh to you too, give a recipe a try!

Edit: If I knew an cheap and safe way to send these to each and every one of you, I would in a heatbeat. I have plans now for blazing strawberry cookies with a little bit of pepper and strawberries in the mix

I want to try this!!

Ashley Bain

I bought a bag of organic shortbread cookie mix a while ago that’s still yet to be made, maybe I should throw some tea in.

DaisyChubb

Absolutely! Do you have to add butter or milk to it? Whatever it is, put tea in it and your life will be changed.

yep – a LOAD of butter.

Perfect.
here’s the recipe I used to help with the butter infusing! I just poured my butter through a paper Tsac to strain the tea from the butter and I found it worked pretty well. You could prob also use a metal strainer or a paper towel or something!

Ashley Bain

thankyou!! I looove cooking. I’m totally making tea infused shortbread cookies today. Now to decide which tea to use.

DaisyChubb

Ah tell me all about it when you’re done!
Melt in your mouth goodness

Comments

Ashley Bain

I want to try this!!

yep – a LOAD of butter.

Perfect.

DaisyChubb

Ah tell me all about it when you’re done!
Melt in your mouth goodness

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy