drank Mom's Apple Pie by DAVIDsTEA

Now THIS one is like an apple cider tea.
It’s really quite nice, very fruity! It’s perfect without any sugar, but I bet if sugar was added it would taste even more like apple pie.

The green tea is really what makes it unique to apple cider. It feels so much better for me than a powder mix too! The green tea adds little toasty roasty notes that conjure up the crust perhaps, but for me it just grounds it and reminds me that it is still a tea.

I steeped for just under 4 minutes and it’s just right for me. I wouldn’t add this to my permanent collection, but it’s a very well balanced tea. Not too spicy, not too sweet. Great to drink on a cold, rainy day like today.

WAIT- it just hit me! This tastes just like my favorite shot! Apple pie shot – SoCo, Green apple sourpuss and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. I must add alcohol to this when I get home. a little spiced rum perhaps? Nice thing is, this tea doesn’t neet the tongue numbing sprinkle of cinnamon on top – it captures just the right amount!

EDIT – I added a dollop of soft vanilla ice cream on the top. Now THIS is apple pie.

EDIT again – Second steep has a lot of straight up green tea flavour, which I like a lot actually. Would be a good drink to have while eating a very sweet dessert

aisling of tea

THANK YOU. I got this to go today and I’ve been trying to place the taste memory. Apple cider and caramel apple shots (green apple sourpuss and butterscotch schnapps) I am in love with this tea, this is a tinner for sure.

yeah caramel apple shots are the bomb. the shizz. the best :D
I’m still finishing up my cup, but it is such a quality tea! Really feels like fall now n_n

Wonder what this tea would be like with a little butterscotch schnapps.. eh? eeeh?

aisling of tea

Oh god…I wish I had money for liquor, all we have in the house is whiskey…which wouldn’t be bad…hmmm…

Jenn

Whiskey would so work! With a little bit of sugar… yum!

Absolutely!!!

Comments

aisling of tea

yeah caramel apple shots are the bomb. the shizz. the best :D

Jenn

Whiskey would so work! With a little bit of sugar… yum!

Absolutely!!!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy