drank Mom's Apple Pie by DAVIDsTEA

eek don’t let them make it for you at the store! Or rather, as the tea of the day. Or rather, at my store anyways haha.
Who knows! Either way, the water was too hot and it’s all bitter and I have a whole travel mug full. Come on agave, save the day?

Edit – well a teaspoon full didn’t quite save the day, but it’s drinkable now! And it dissolved so fast! That’s why I use agave folks. Not for the health benefits, or that I don’t like sugar, or the taste even – but it’s dissolving time and how you only need a little bit. That’s it that’s all.

Uniquity

I’ve noticed that teas prepared in store are (sadly) almost always bitter and burnt. I only buy tea there loose to brew at home but since all they do is tea you would think there would be more focus on proper steep times. At the 2 stores near me, at least, I notice that the same temp water is used for all teas. Eek!

DaisyChubb

Yep I bet it’s the same at mine too. What’s up with that?
I’ve loved their iced teas all summer, but I don’t think I’ll be getting many of the $1 hot teas this fall haha. Not with the crazy amount of comments about the bitter/burnt to-go teas :( sadness.

Oh well, I’m lucky, I can make tea at work so I’ll just do what you do and stick with my own loose!

Comments

Uniquity

DaisyChubb

Yep I bet it’s the same at mine too. What’s up with that?

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy