drank Mayan Chocolate Chai by 52teas

This tea. Is making me want to go adjust my other ratings lower so that it can be a higher 100. It’s another perfect tea for me.

I took a big whiff of the bag and my nose starting running. :D!
First sip. Hoochie mama that’s got a nice spice! And what’s this, mm a chocolate hit right after? I must have got a good blend because it’s just the right amount of chocolate with the spices. And now the chai-ness comes through. Gosh, this is lovely.

mmm a few sips in and I’m feeling the burn. But loving it mmah!

So I enhance my experience by making whipped cream with cocoa powder. And then I accidentally dumped like 5 tablespoons of cocoa instead of the teaspoon I was hoping for. So I went with it. Made a huge batch of chocolate whipped cream for later. For my subsequent cups of this tea! mm! It tones down the spice just a notch and I like it.

SO glad I bought 2 bags! Thank you Frankie!

The Seattle Tea Snob

Did you put any whipped cream on your tea? My dear, I do believe that all you are missing is a splash of peppermint schnapps. :)

DaisyChubb

Ho yes. SO much whipped cream on my tea! It’s delightful, but to be honest it’s because I bought whipping cream because they were out of half and half AND coffee creamer. I don’t have peppermint schnapps but I do have chocolate liquer… I’ll be back, I have to make some tea :D

Cattibrie

Can you share with me how you made it. I was so looking forward to this tea and when I got it I was so underwhelmed by it that I haven’t even been able to rate it.

DaisyChubb

For sure, I did just one heaping teaspoon in a little under one cup of water (one cup being the size of my mug, not necessarily one actual cup) and then a bit of milk. I steeped for.. I’ll say about 5 minutes. It was kind of watery-ish, so that’s where my whipped cream came in. I didn’t sweeten the whipped cream a lot, but the addition of the cocoa made it like a slightly bitter dark chocolate taste, so I felt that made the tea how it came to be! That’s why I’m wondering if I got an especially good blend in the chocolate area, because the reviews are all over the place for this one hey?

Comments

The Seattle Tea Snob

Cattibrie

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy