drank Caramel Vanilla Chai by 52teas

Thanks be to the wonderful Erin and her gracious sample!

I wanted a chai night tonight, so I added a bag of chai tea to my rice when it was cooking, and a splash of chai concentrate to my simmering Butter Shrimp (Like Butter Chicken but with.. well, shrimp!). Oh! And this tea! :)

The caramel/vanilla notes were a bit muted, but well blended with the other spices, I thought. It’s still a pretty strong chai (I’m not sure if I’m a fan of the tea base 52teas uses a lot, but it depends on the tea so I’ll just shut up and drink because I have no idea what I’m talking about haha!)

So I probably wouldn’t purchase this one, but I really appreciate the chance to try it! Frothed milk with a bit of vanilla syrup. Yummeh.

gosh I love tea!

Ashley Bain

why have I never cooked rice in chai tea! That sounds amazing.

DaisyChubb

It’s really nice, the flavour isn’t very strong – but I bet it could be if you used more leaf! Next time I’m going Jasmine Green tea in my rice :)

Erin Hurley

The jasmine sounds like a rad idea

Uniquity

The CTC assam base they use for chai isn’t used in any of their other teas, I don’t think. I also don’t like the chai base tea. : (

Indigobloom

hehe, “Gosh I love tea”- that so reflects my my tea views :P

MissMylin

OMG! I’m so going to have to try making chai rice (and the butter shrimp sounds really good too).

Comments

Ashley Bain

why have I never cooked rice in chai tea! That sounds amazing.

DaisyChubb

Erin Hurley

The jasmine sounds like a rad idea

Uniquity

Indigobloom

hehe, “Gosh I love tea”- that so reflects my my tea views :P

MissMylin

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy