drank Carrot Cake by DAVIDsTEA

Sooo I finally got around to trying this today!
And sadly it is not for me (I took it off my shopping list haha)

There are a few things as to why it’s not good for me though, and it might mean that it’s a good tea for you!
First of all, it was a “to go” tea, but it didn’t taste burnt or bitter so , meh who knows!
Second, it does taste like carrot cake.

BUT

Not the kind of carrot cake I like. haha. I’m a bit picky when it comes to my carrot cake. It has to have pineapple for yummy moistness, and most importantly, cream cheese icing. Without the cream cheese, it’s just like a spice cake to me, which is the hugest “meh” taste to me – for whatever reason.

So on that note, it tastes like carrot cake. But not MY carrot cake. Aren’t I special haha! Blame my grandma for instilling C-Cake tradition in me n_-

Jessie

I like this tea, but I definitely hear you on the cream cheese icing. I think everything should be slathered in cream cheese icing, really.

Jenn

NOOOOOO! I ordered Carrot Cake in my last possible divorce causing DAVIDs order. You and I are like taste twins and that means that I may not like this on either. Oh man…

DaisyChubb

Don’t despair just yet!!
It’s still a huge possibility that they steeped it wrong and bad in the store. Also I haven’t had a chance to try it with cream, which might take it over the top… don’t worry Jenn! :)

@Jessie – Yes pls. Cream cheese icing slathered world.

Amariel

I too, got this as a to-go tea, and was unimpressed..however, I do find that the to-go teas are considerably weaker than the way I make them, and I bet, as a latte with foamy milk, that might just be the thing. I am tempted to get maybe 25-30g of this, as I have been tempted by the seasonal tin (not like I have any space to store it though).

Comments

Jessie

Jenn

DaisyChubb

Don’t despair just yet!!

@Jessie – Yes pls. Cream cheese icing slathered world.

Amariel

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy