drank Read My Lips by DAVIDsTEA

So I finally bought 100g tin of this, yay me!
I’ve never tried it hot before, and with Taryn going on everyday I had had enough of resisting! I needed it!

MMM chocolate-y, MINTY and teeny tiny peppery I love it! MMM so smooth and the mint is just right.

Imagine my dismay when I let my tea-despising coworker smell it and she HAD to try it (she thinks tea tastes like hot water). Yes! Now is my converting time, this tea will be perfect for her! So I make up a perfect cup, steep for 6 minutes for full flavour (no bitterness, I love this tea!) add a teeny tiny bit of agave to enhance the sweetness, and off it goes!
No response..?
I email her… yeah it tastes like bland hot water to her. She was happy to try it, but fears her tastebuds are to blame. I am in total dismay :(

Oh well. More for me!

Uniquity

There is DEFINITELY something wrong with her tastebuds if this one tastes like hot water. In my second steep this afternoon just the aroma drew comments from two co-workers. Also, yay 100g!! I think this might just be my cold weather tea.

Cattibrie

I love Read My Lips. Something is definately wrong with your coworker. I steeped it again yesterday in vanilla, almond milk. So good.

Uniquity

Everyone I’ve shared it with (except the beau – he hates mint) has loved this tea. It’s wildly popular!

DaisyChubb

I know right?! Even my boss liked it, and she haaates chocolate teas (I think she has just never had a good one!). And even the smell itself ignites the tastebuds. so wtf?! haha thanks for confirming that she is indeed crazy, but at least she’s nice about it n_-

Comments

Uniquity

Cattibrie

DaisyChubb

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy