MmmmmmmmmMM!
I got my package from the lovelyamazingawesomeandallgoodthings Ashley!

It’s only 6:30, but it’s pitch black out so we chose this one to start our night off with. We will probably stick to decaf teas tonight… speaking of decaf… I can’t believe this is.

Like Aisling, I must have steeped it wrong because it was a bit bitter (I’ll try less hot water next time), so I made it up as a latte with a bit of steamed milk and a tiny drizzle of vanilla syrup and my tastebuds have changed. It’s PERFECT. Guuuh so good

Vanilla and caramel and a smooth black base… I should have made a pot. Next time friends!

Dinosara

I’m pretty sensative to bitterness in teas, and I had problems with Harney blacks until fixed two parameters: 1) leaf amount… surprisingly, too much leaf resulted in bitterness no matter the other parameters (1tsp per 6oz); 2) temp… at their Soho store Harney brews their blacks at 205°F, not quite boiling. Now I brew all my Harney blacks at that temp. Hope these tips help!

DaisyChubb

Thanks Sara, really good to know! I used about 2 heaping tsp for .. I have no idea how many ounces, but enough for 2 medium cups of tea, so I will use less next time. And not quite boiling! (Hey, less leaf = more tea. I like that)

Thanks very much! Extremely helpful :)

Comments

Dinosara

DaisyChubb

Thanks very much! Extremely helpful :)

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy