drank Cheeky Lychee by DAVIDsTEA

Going to give this one a cold steep and see if the flower-power stops over-powering!!
Join me if you’ve got some Lychee to spare :D

Faith

I’ve definitely got plenty to spare, I’m finding it hard to motivate myself to drink this. How do you go about cold steeping?

DaisyChubb

I use a wide lid container (at work a washed out Lipton Iced tea bottle, at home my david’s iced tea cup) and put in the same amount I would put in for a hot cup, so usually 1 1.5-2 teaspoons since they’re pretty large cups, then I just stick them in the fridge overnight. Some teas are strong enough that they’re ready after a few hours, but overnight is usually a good test.

It really makes the teas taste totally different sometimes (sometimes it fails horrible haha), but I’m going to try some Lychee overnight tonight and report back!

Sometimes (at work haha) I’ll leave it on my desk and watch the tea slowly steep into the room temperature water. It’s really quite neat. Also makes the day go by. I digress!

Let me know if you give it a try! :)

DaisyChubb

Also ^ I usually cold steep with just teabag teas, but for these instances I use a paper teasac – not sure if it would be bad to put a metal strainer in, but I bet it would work to just throw in the loose leaf and strain it in the morning too!

Faith

So no hot water? Just plain, old cold water? Hmmmm intruiging!

Comments

Faith

DaisyChubb

Let me know if you give it a try! :)

Faith

So no hot water? Just plain, old cold water? Hmmmm intruiging!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy