This tea was an amazing experience.

I have to say thank you David of Verdant Tea, as I received this as a sample! Sadly, it was a sample for the art contest (which ended a few months ago), which must have got held up by customs for no reason. But thank you! The tea is fueling my mug decoration for homemade gifts :) I’ll post pictures!

I had numerous steeps with this tea, but didn’t take notes the first time. I will the second time, as the sample was extremely generous!

The flavour notes I remember are that it was a baritone tea, but not a bass. (I’m with you on the music scale, Dinosara). Notes of caramel, super sweetness but in an earthy, grounded way. So complex! My favorite steeps were the ones with a currant/prune note to them, lately I’ve been loving to find hints of raisin in my tea.

Anyways, let the Christmas rush continue around me, I’m driving home in 45 minutes and I still have a heck of a lot to do!

Happy Holidays lovelies, I will have many notes when I return! O:

ashmanra

This sounds lovely! Verdant Tea has been getting some rave reviews on here. I should look them up.

DaisyChubb

I feel the same! This is my first experience, but I think I might have to save up some funds and make a real order after Christmas :)

Uniquity

Free shipping to us Canadians, YAY! I ordered two ounces (one each of their blacks) and got two samples (nearly an ounce each as well) with! I want to order more from them, but need to drink some tea first!

I hear that Uni :D Better get on it n_-

Amariel

How do you pick out all these notes? I think I need a tea tasting class to help connect the taste buds to the brain a bit more.

DaisyChubb

For complex teas like this one (aka not flavoured DavidsTeas :D ), I read the tasting notes first to see what others found. Then as I sip, I try to find those notes as well! if I find them, I post them, and lately I’m finding as I drink other teas, I can pick out notes I’ve found in previous teas!

So that’s my advice to you, learning by imitation in my case :)

Ahhh, ok! Thanks!

Comments

ashmanra

Uniquity

I hear that Uni :D Better get on it n_-

DaisyChubb

So that’s my advice to you, learning by imitation in my case :)

Ahhh, ok! Thanks!

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy