This is my hangover tea today. I mean – my happy new year tea!
Don’t get me wrong, I have a grand total of 3 drinks last night! It was the red wine that did me in. I really can’t mix any other drinks with red wine. I get that from my mom.

A few days ago I brewed this up normally and threw it in the fridge. It’s a very pleasant iced tea, but I get more “white tea” flavour than ginger. I felt the same when I had a hot cup before I made the iced tea. It’s still nice though! Very refreshing and slowly hydrating my brain and settling my tummy.

Also also, I’m counting calories in an attempt to eat a little healthier – only for one month! It’s not a diet, just an awareness thing. That’s my small resolution! Then, in one month, we will have moved out of this horribledemoninfestedcraphole of an apartment and I will feel alive again! And THEN – off to Halifax in 3 months. If that’s not a fresh start for a new year, I don’t know what is :D

Amariel

Permanent move to Halifax?

DaisyChubb

Yep I think so! I’ve lived in Regina for 6 years, and I am way past due for a new move. I think we’re going to save up for a house – in Halifax we would be able to afford it, Regina… not so much haha

Amariel

Nor here either. Half a mil for a small house. Who can afford that?

DaisyChubb

ugh no doubt! What I hate is that there is nothing really in Regina to warrant that crazy pricing. I’m not saying it’s a bad city with nothing going for it, but it’s just not affordable for a young couple with university degrees such as ourselves. And I don’t know why! bah. Oh well! It gives us a change to have an adventure :)

CHAroma

OMG! I love your post! I think we’re sisters from another mother. I had a very similar New Years and can’t wait to be free of my awful apartment. But sadly, I still have 10 months to endure. Enjoy Halifax!

Comments

Amariel

Permanent move to Halifax?

Amariel

Nor here either. Half a mil for a small house. Who can afford that?

CHAroma

You can call me Daisy.

My rating system is as follows:

50-75: It was alright! It was… alright! Not horrible, but I might not re-steep.

25-50: Ew. But I will finish the cup.

1-25: Please no, I want to dump it.

The Steepster community is my safe place. Thank you to all my tea friends!

<3 Daisy