Last cup, and another one down!

I completely love this one though, and will eventually pick up more of this. It is way better a mate than the mate chai I had in my cupboard previously. I’m not always the biggest fan of the chocolate-and-raspberry combination, but these flavours just work together perfectly. I think it is the almond balancing everything out.

I like to match this one up with DT’s raspberry-flavoured agave. You need to be careful not to overdo it on the agave, though – I have discovered that the flavouring is quite strong, and if you go hard on the agave, you end up with tea that tastes like raspberry flavouring and, uhhh… Raspberry flavouring. So yeah. Not too much agave.

PatchworkSheep

Nice to hear some thoughts on the flavoured agave syrups; I’ve only had (and loved) the regular stuff. Thank you!

Daniel Scott

Funny, I’ve never liked agave that much. To me, it has an aftertaste extremely reminiscent of earwax and I just didn’t like it. I think I’ve gotten more used to it over time though, and it bothers me less now. I ended up getting both the syrups out of sheer curiosity, and I do like them well enough – for agave. :P Raspberry’s my preference, I think it has the least earwax-y aftertaste. I like it on ice cream!

Comments

PatchworkSheep

Daniel Scott

I’ve always been a tea drinker – I grew up drinking Tetley’s Orange Pekoe and their Chai, and considered myself to really like tea.

I’ve been working various retail jobs to put myself through higher education. One day at my store, a customer left a newly purchased bag of loose-leaf behind. We waited for three days for said customer to return, but they (likely not realizing where they had left their bag) did not return to claim the would-be brew. Too bad for them; lucky for me! I claimed the bag, took it home, and awkwardly made my first cup of loose-leaf tea with the only strainer we owned which was small enough.

I haven’t bothered with Tetley since. For the most part (and due to convenience), my patronage is limited to David’s Tea and Teavana. I also order from 52teas and Verdant Tea.

My rating system – hah, I don’t have a rating system. I rate teas a lot like Ebert rates movies. Everything’s relative.

I may often forget to mention it, but you can safely assume everything I drink is sweetened in one way or another – most rock sugar, or honey for green and white teas. I have not yet achieved drinking most tea clear. The few teas I drink unsweetened include milk oolong and genmaicha so far.

The guy in my avatar can be bought at Teaopia or here: http://www.jas-etea.com/products/Jingdezhen-%22Easy%22-Gaiwan-%22Blue-on-White-Phoenix%22-100ml.html

I currently work for Teavana. But I just work there, and my opinions about any of their teas are entirely my own and not meant to be reflective of the views of the company.