drank Yellow Dragon by DAVIDsTEA

So normally mint teas are just not my thing….but today I walked into my favourite DT location for my usual $1 tea-to-go and saw they had this new guy. One whiff and I was sold. The smell is very fresh and vibrant. But since I knew that the mint might turn me off I settled for the pre-packaged 35g pouch. Once at home I whipped up some okonomiyaki and steeped some of this tea.
Oolongs have always been my favourite to watch steep. The leaves do remind me of little dragons awakening! The colour; it’s gorgeous! The peppermint really makes it this fantastic yellow green. The smell of the lemongrass is divine. And now, time to taste! I haven’t had too many lemon teas or mint for that matter, so my palate is not too great….but for a person who doesn’t like mint teas, well…..this one changed me c:
It’s a lovely smooth blend of lemon and peppermint that really balance each other. But I can still taste the oolong, and it’s buttery awesome too ^^ The lemon oil is also sweet enough that you don’t need to add sweetener. I smelt the hot leaves after I poured and the fragrance gave me a calm mind. Like most oolongs it works very well for more infusions. I added some agave to my second and third steepings though.

I give this tea a thumbs up. The only thing I regret is not getting a tin instead.

PS: I think “Golden Dragon” would be way more a bad-ass name for this tea :D