drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

This at first when it is still hot had a sort of odd taste, I almost don not like but once it cools down a little then it taste great! You can actually taste pumpkin, it sort of taste like a spicy pumpkin pie. What I like about this Autumn tea over other Autumn teas is that the amount of cinnamon in the taste is very low where other ones would be quite high. I am not a big fan of cinnamon (too over powering).

Its smell is nostalgic for me, makes me think of my Nan making pumpkin pie. When it comes to the water temp, I stop the water as soon as the little bubbles start, an easy way to tell if you do not have thermometer. The steep time is 5 mins and if you make it go any longer I am not sure what becomes strong in flavor but it ruin the tea fast. It is a little more of a fussy tea than I usually like to work with but worth it’s work.

Uniquity

I still loathe the smell of that tea. The idea of it, even. Although I currently feel unwell from too much cloves in my winter chai and I am starting to worry about ever making it through my canister of cinnamon hearts (David’s Tea). Maybe it could be added in small quantities to other ones to spice them up a bit.

Uniquity

Also, I’m pretty certain you liked it most with a shorter steep time. 2 or 3 mins? What does the tin recommend?

Debus

The tin recommended 4 to 6 mins and I did it in 5. That seems to be the best.

Comments

Uniquity

Debus

The tin recommended 4 to 6 mins and I did it in 5. That seems to be the best.