drank Santa's Secret by DAVIDsTEA

Hurray! My massive shipment from Davids came in today!

First cup from the batch (I realize this is a Christmas tea, but lets just pretend it’s still December). On opening the package, I initially smelled a sweet peppermint that reminded me much of candy canes, but there is an underlying rich depth to the scent as well.

I have not had much experience with Chinese Black Tea, but this tea is incredibly smooth with a prominent peppermint flavor. However, the aftertaste shifts from peppermint to a delicate sweetness I can’t seem to put my finger on (I suspect it’s the black tea base). I am curious as to what spices were used in this combination, I can’t particularly pick them out, but I suppose that would be Santa’s Secret! ;)

Overall, a very delicious tea! I’m disappointed I only bought 50g of it.

A fellow tea-drinker with an insatiable curiosity, I’m bound to try almost anything once! Embarking on this leafy journey, experiences are logged here :) While I mostly find my loyalties lie with black tea, every tea has its own health benefits and flavors that’s worth giving some attention to.

Rating note: There isn’t really a method to my madness — er.. how I rate teas. I just go with my gut instinct. It’s the right thing to do.

Canada