drank Caramelized Pear by Art of Tea

I bought a sample size of this tea due to lots of very positive reviews. This tea is unusual and, I am sorry to say, not for me. I’ve tried it hot and I’ve tried it cold. I’ll not be buying again. The smell of the dry blend is strange and not particularly appealing to me. That did not deter me because teas often change in water. This one did not – the brew still had a strange aroma. The taste seems strong with rooibos and another taste which I am unable to identify.

For me, tea is magical with its ability to transform by bringing one back to center and inspiring both peace and contentment.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs and seldom drink anything else. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging.

I no longer assign numerical ratings to teas because our enjoyment of tea is very subjective. Reactions to a particular tea vary from person to person and within the same person across different tasting sessions. My tea notes are now simply comments reflecting my impression at that specific point in time. They are useful to me and if they happen to be helpful to someone else that is good.

North Carolina