drank Caramelized Pear by Art of Tea

I bought a sample size of this tea due to lots of very positive reviews. This tea is unusual and, I am sorry to say, not for me. I’ve tried it hot and I’ve tried it cold. I’ll not be buying again. The smell of the dry blend is strange and not particularly appealing to me. That did not deter me because teas often change in water. This one did not – the brew still had a strange aroma. The taste seems strong with rooibos and another taste which I am unable to identify.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down or given away and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

North Carolina