drank Pear Spice White by Teas Etc

I am enjoying this white tea iced. The flavor – combination of pear and star anise- is quite pleasant and refreshing. Star anise is an ingredient in 5-spice powder and garam masala. I would not expect to find it in a white pear tea but this combination actually works.

Opening the bag results in a sweet, fruity, spicy aroma which is quite nice. The smell of the cold liquid is not nearly as intense but the flavor is strong, unusual, and pleasing to the palate.

I recommend this as a nice summer beverage!

Iced

Former coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

Steepster has been a big help – I’ve been reading daily to learn as much as I can. Thanks to Steepster reviews, I’ve been able to find good tea (and sellers) – a few misses for me but lots of hits!

At the moment, I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into high quality blacks, greens, oolongs and puerhs — drinking hot flavored teas less and less. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down or given away and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

Raleigh, NC