drank Black Pearl by Mandala Tea

First of all, I always look for the fun factor in my tea experiences. These brown and gold pearls are fun to watch in the hot water – I love watching tea in action as it unfurls during the first infusion.

Yesterday morning I steeped four of Mandala’s Black Pearls in 8oz of boiling water and immediately resteeped because I drink my morning tea in a 16 oz Zojirushi travel mug. The flavor is fantastic – chocolate and malt with a slight straw note. I love this tea! I’ve had it several times and I always enjoy four 8oz infusions with the initial four pearls (although infusions 3&4 are not nearly as flavorful but enjoyable nonetheless). Without question, this tea is currently one of my top five teas.

Terri HarpLady

As far as pearls go, this one is on top for me so far. I still have a few more to try, & I tend to love them all, but I especially love this one.

DigniTea

This is the only one I’ve tried but I just received the Teavivre black pearls ordered during their recent sale. Haven’t opened those yet because I have lots of teas already open and needing to be enjoyed before I start in on new ones.

teavivre pearls are fantastic as well!

Terri HarpLady

I can’t wait to try them!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

DigniTea

teavivre pearls are fantastic as well!

Terri HarpLady

I can’t wait to try them!

Former coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

Steepster has been a big help – I’ve been reading daily to learn as much as I can. Thanks to Steepster reviews, I’ve been able to find good tea quickly – a few misses for me but lots of hits!

At the moment, I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into high quality blacks, greens, oolongs and pu’ers — drinking hot flavored teas less and less. My cold brews for iced tea usually seem to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or pu’er.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

Raleigh, NC