drank The Black Lotus by Butiki Teas

This is an enjoyable breakfast blend. Since I am drawn to assams on their own and in blends, it is different from the breakfast blends I normally prefer. In my batch of this tea, the darjeeling dominates the blend (not the assam or the keemun). It is a blend worth buying – high quality and good value (I’ve been able to enjoy a strong resteep each of the three times I’ve prepared this tea).

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down or given away and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

North Carolina