drank Kalami Assam by Ahmad Tea

Another selection from Artp’s Traveling Teabox:

This is a decent black tea. Kalami Assam is a premium blend of golden tippy long leaf assam tea. It is not as malty as I like in my assams for this one seems more like one of the breakfast blends – strong and smooth. A tiny bit acidic but not in an unpleasant way because it adds a bit to the complexity of the tea. While I prefer other assams, I could drink this again and be satisfied – just finishing the mug now and I’m surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did. Bottom line – this is a solid, low cost black tea for everyday drinking.

For me, tea is magical with its ability to transform by bringing one back to center and inspiring both peace and contentment.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

I no longer assign numerical ratings to teas because our enjoyment of tea is very subjective. Reactions to a particular tea vary from person to person and within the same person across different tasting sessions. My tea notes are now simply comments reflecting my impression at that specific point in time. They are useful to me and if they happen to be helpful to someone else that is good.

North Carolina