drank Kalami Assam by Ahmad Tea

Another selection from Artp’s Traveling Teabox:

This is a decent black tea. Kalami Assam is a premium blend of golden tippy long leaf assam tea. It is not as malty as I like in my assams for this one seems more like one of the breakfast blends – strong and smooth. A tiny bit acidic but not in an unpleasant way because it adds a bit to the complexity of the tea. While I prefer other assams, I could drink this again and be satisfied – just finishing the mug now and I’m surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did. Bottom line – this is a solid, low cost black tea for everyday drinking.

Former coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

Steepster has been a big help – I’ve been reading daily to learn as much as I can. Thanks to Steepster reviews, I’ve been able to find good tea (and sellers) – a few misses for me but lots of hits!

At the moment, I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into high quality blacks, greens, oolongs and puerhs — drinking hot flavored teas less and less. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down or given away and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

Raleigh, NC