Over the past week I have been sipping on two lovely “dark teas” (both are new to me) – this one and an 8685 Gong Ting Puer in Tangerine (22g).

A lovely scent while brewing which produces a thick and mellow taste with the sweetness of a floral honey. This is high quality leaf with the capability to maintain flavor through many resteeps – I stopped at 10. The first two steeps are a bit harsh and earthy but those following are more gentle and quite lovely.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down or given away and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

North Carolina