Over the past week I have been sipping on two lovely “dark teas” (both are new to me) – this one and an 8685 Gong Ting Puer in Tangerine (22g).

A lovely scent while brewing which produces a thick and mellow taste with the sweetness of a floral honey. This is high quality leaf with the capability to maintain flavor through many resteeps – I stopped at 10. The first two steeps are a bit harsh and earthy but those following are more gentle and quite lovely.

For me, tea is magical with its ability to transform by bringing one back to center and inspiring both peace and contentment.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

I no longer assign numerical ratings to teas because our enjoyment of tea is very subjective. Reactions to a particular tea vary from person to person and within the same person across different tasting sessions. My tea notes are now simply comments reflecting my impression at that specific point in time. They are useful to me and if they happen to be helpful to someone else that is good.

North Carolina