drank Black Dragon Pearls by Tazo

A few months ago I purchased these during a 50% off sale on tazo.com. I’ve used them a few times but I was not sure how I felt about them so I did not write a review.

I think I’ve finally worked out the right combination for me to enjoy them.
3 Dragon Balls in 8oz boiling water for 3.5 min; resteeps for 4m and 5m.
The cup was pleasant and I’ll do it again.

This yields a solid black tea – nothing fancy; not really malty. These are not my favorite Dragon Balls by any means. I have three others which I would rate higher; however, these are cheaper and without the comparison to the other three, quite acceptable.

I’ll probably use these to grab and take out to a restaurant meal. In fact, someone is coming over with Chinese takeout next week and I’ll probably serve this as one of our teas with the meal.

For me, tea is magical with its ability to transform by bringing one back to center and inspiring both peace and contentment.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

I no longer assign numerical ratings to teas because our enjoyment of tea is very subjective. Reactions to a particular tea vary from person to person and within the same person across different tasting sessions. My tea notes are now simply comments reflecting my impression at that specific point in time. They are useful to me and if they happen to be helpful to someone else that is good.

North Carolina