I have come to admire and appreciate puerh cakes produced by Mengku Tea Co. Ltd. Golden Buds is a blend of smaller sized leaves picked, fermented and pressed in 2009. This tea cake is tighly compressed – you need to use a puerh pick (or an awl from your toolbox). The brew is dark and yields a very smooth tea – robust and rich in mouthfeel and flavor . Readily available from several ebay or Aliexpress sellers, this mini cake is a must-try and a great value. Maturing nicely as Mengku teas do.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

Do you mind sharing who did you get it from? I see one on DTH for $17

DigniTea

Yes. I picked mine up at DTH.

Thank you. It sounds very good

TeaExplorer

Added to my list … thanks!

Comments

boychik

Do you mind sharing who did you get it from? I see one on DTH for $17

DigniTea

Yes. I picked mine up at DTH.

Thank you. It sounds very good

TeaExplorer

Added to my list … thanks!

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down or given away and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

North Carolina