Similar to Taiwanese black tea, this tea is smooth and sweet with no astringency. A bit of fruit comes through in the sip (but it is rather subtle). Very nice small dark leaves and all seem to be whole without tears. Brewed western style and I was able to enjoy two nice cups but the second was definitely weaker in both color and flavor. Good as an everyday tea staple but I think I prefer a bolder morning tea. Nonetheless, I enjoy it enough to feel that I’ll definitely pick up the 2014 harvest which is now available.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down or given away and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

North Carolina