I enjoyed this tea from the first moment – opening the bag and inhaling the aroma resulted in thoughts of walking through a pine forest. The tea is full of honey sweetness. It keeps on giving and giving of itself.

I was curious about this tea since I am a fan of yabao so I added it to a recent Yunnan Sourcing puerh cake order (note: these buds were picked in March 2014). The beautiful whole buds themselves vary greatly in both color (medium brown, tan, with touches of green thrown in here and there) and size (from ½ inch to 1 ¼ inch).

Very clear, pale yellow tea soup; the taste is sweet and fruity with hints of evergreen. First steep offers a pleasant evergreen flavor; the next two steeps begin to produce subtle flavors of fruit (light and subtle like apples); my last two steeps were pleasantly mellow and sweet. I plan to resteep the remaining leaves twice and chill in the fridge overnight.

Bottom line – fun to play with; very forgiving; quite flexible and versatile; potential for many resteeps.

195 °F / 90 °C 0 min, 30 sec 5 g 5 OZ / 150 ML

Neat, sounds fancy :)

DigniTea

It’s definitely fun but quite simple actually and I definitely admire it for its work horse characteristics – it just keeps working. I think I ended up steeping it 11 times and the last two are in the fridge for tomorrow. Nice price for the power you get – $7 for 50g.

Wow yeah!

Comments

Stephanie

Neat, sounds fancy :)

DigniTea

Wow yeah!

For me, tea is magical with its ability to transform by bringing one back to center and inspiring both peace and contentment.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

I no longer assign numerical ratings to teas because our enjoyment of tea is very subjective. Reactions to a particular tea vary from person to person and within the same person across different tasting sessions. My tea notes are now simply comments reflecting my impression at that specific point in time. They are useful to me and if they happen to be helpful to someone else that is good.

North Carolina