A truly exceptional tea! Traditionally processed; sun-dried early spring tea leaf from very old Yiwu trees; manual stone pressing. A beautiful cake to look at with nice whole leaves and light compression making it very easy to pick apart. Honey-yellow tea soup; sweet and buttery flavor; sweet aftertaste. No astringency and no bitterness at all. Resteeped seven times and it’s still going strong! A valued gem in my puerh tea cake cabinet.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 4 OZ / 125 ML
SWApilot

One can never have too many gems in their pu’er tea cake cabinet. Great review!

Cwyn

I got this cake recently and have yet to taste!

DigniTea

SWApilot – yes to finding as many “gems” as possible!!
Cwyn – look forward to hearing your thoughts; hopefully you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.

Comments

SWApilot

One can never have too many gems in their pu’er tea cake cabinet. Great review!

Cwyn

I got this cake recently and have yet to taste!

DigniTea

SWApilot – yes to finding as many “gems” as possible!!

For me, tea is magical with its ability to transform by bringing one back to center and inspiring both peace and contentment.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

I no longer assign numerical ratings to teas because our enjoyment of tea is very subjective. Reactions to a particular tea vary from person to person and within the same person across different tasting sessions. My tea notes are now simply comments reflecting my impression at that specific point in time. They are useful to me and if they happen to be helpful to someone else that is good.

North Carolina