I am fond of the teas from Big Snow Mountain (Da Xue Shan in Lincang) and have picked up a few different cakes over the past six months. My interest actually developed through the Mengku side of the mountain but this particular cake is made using Yong De leaf – dark almost black leaf with just a few brown buds mixed in. Very light and clear tea soup with an enticing aroma – a light flowery aroma. The mouth-feel is strong and fills and stimulates the mouth long after it has been drunk. The taste is very welcoming – smooth, a little green tea like, only the lightest touch of bitterness, just on the edge of sweetness, a nice lingering aftertaste. Bottom line: the tea offers a very nice fragrance with a smooth sip and solid Qi. This one is a keeper for sure and I’ve just ordered a cake since YS has a 15% off sale today.

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 4 OZ / 125 ML
DigniTea

MzPriss – if you ordered this one today, I think you’ll really enjoy it.

MzPriss

I did. I got a sample, but now I’m thinking with that sale I need a cake. Do they have a Betty Ford Center for tea people?

Did somebody say “sale”?

mrmopar

I did the same. I ordered a sample a while back and ordered a cake yesterday.

DigniTea

Terri, you’ve found the sale, right. 15% off all items YS USA site only. Ends tonight I think.

I am ordering it AS WE SPEAK

uh, TYPE!

Terri HarpLady

I’m really trying to be good, you guys!
I’ve got a few hours to think about it…lol

And it’s coming!

MzPriss

You will almost certainly be better than me. I got a yixing.

LOL, I already have 3…

MzPriss

Sadly, so did I. I have a problem.

Comments

DigniTea

MzPriss – if you ordered this one today, I think you’ll really enjoy it.

Did somebody say “sale”?

mrmopar

I did the same. I ordered a sample a while back and ordered a cake yesterday.

I am ordering it AS WE SPEAK

uh, TYPE!

Terri HarpLady

I’m really trying to be good, you guys!
I’ve got a few hours to think about it…lol

And it’s coming!

MzPriss

You will almost certainly be better than me. I got a yixing.

LOL, I already have 3…

MzPriss

Sadly, so did I. I have a problem.

For me, tea is magical with its ability to transform by bringing one back to center and inspiring both peace and contentment.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging. My cold brews for iced tea tend to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or puerh.

I no longer assign numerical ratings to teas because our enjoyment of tea is very subjective. Reactions to a particular tea vary from person to person and within the same person across different tasting sessions. My tea notes are now simply comments reflecting my impression at that specific point in time. They are useful to me and if they happen to be helpful to someone else that is good.

North Carolina