The leaves of this tea are a mediocre grade – small to mid-sized and often broken.

They have a weak vegetal scent, plus citrus of course.

Astringency and bitterness are minimal. If there is any astringency or bitterness, it’s nicely controlled by the citrus.

This tea’s flavors are well-balanced, but they just aren’t that great. The green tea itself is fine – weakly vegetal and smooth. And the citrus helps pick up for the inadequacies of the tea itself. It holds up pretty well chilled.

For a decaf, this is quite decent, and I’m slowly working my way through my bag. I won’t order more, but I don’t particularly regret the purchase.

A few notes about myself:

I tend to try to rate things in as scientific a fashion as possible without disregarding the personal element. There will be some details you may not care about (leaf color/size, for instance).

I tend to prefer teas that have complex flavors, and I’m a fan of floral, sweet, fruity, citrus, and vegetal notes. I’m generally not a fan of overly malty, astringent, or bitter teas, so you may want to disregard my preferences if you like those elements.

US