Dethlefsen & Balk are tea wholesalers…the only reason I have a sample of this tea is because a family member is in the tea/coffee business and goes to the trade shows….she gives me the samples she doesn’t need…I’m lucky that way! So because they wholesale this tea, you might be drinking this under another name and not know that you are. :) You also can’t order this tea unless you have a wholesale account with D&B. Which is the bummer. Because I really like this tea.
This is a blend of Assam and Sumatra organic teas. It’s a dark copper-brown cup with a full flavor. It’s strong and wonderfully reasonable with milk and honey. If you drink Fresian blends,(spoon stands up in the tea by itself kind of strong!) this might be a nice alternative for you. I love the idea of organic and this was a pleasant enough blend to sample, as most English Breakfast blends don’t include indonesian tea. I may get a craving for the rest of the sample soon….I’ll keep you posted!

Update: Had a craving for this tea today….about a week after the above post. It’s still strong, still full flavor and it’s taking care of that craving for a big flavor cup of breakfast blend gloriously! Now I wish I had more than just a sample!!

Spot or pot, I love a cup!

I learned to drink tea while living in Dublin in the early 80’s, so as you can imagine, I am a hearty brew lover, and take tea with milk and honey. I am trying to expand my horizons with tea….that is why I’m now on Steepster! Just joined in January 2014…

Currently loving strong black teas that hold up to milk and honey well. Since I’ve joined, I have a new found curiosity for keemuns and yunnans. Trying green teas….trying. Herbal? No thanks…they still taste like vase water to me. Maybe that will change one day!

I do like some naturally flavoured teas…almond, vanilla, cardamom, ginger. But mostly I’m an unflavoured tea drinker.

My husband is British and a man whose religion is Tetley, so we’ll see where I drag him on this journey!

San diego