Was sooooooooo excited to dip into this tea this morning….used my Teaze Tea Infuser for this, which is also new. Well, I was just asking for something to not be “right” using a new tea and a new infuser…my cup came out weaker that I would have liked. Disappointing, as I am limited to one cup of caffeinated tea a day. BUT (yes, that was a big but), I must say, it wasn’t so bad that I felt a need to toss the cup down the drain. It was my first ever (knowing) straight Keemun. It was certainly different from the Malachi McCormick that I had yesterday (which is blended with Assam)….just earth flavor in this one….earth on a rainy day, watered down by bad measuring…. I’ll revisit this one again tomorrow….

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
keychange

Oh no! I hope your next cup is better.

Comments

keychange

Oh no! I hope your next cup is better.

Spot or pot, I love a cup!

I learned to drink tea while living in Dublin in the early 80’s, so as you can imagine, I am a hearty brew lover, and take tea with milk and honey. I am trying to expand my horizons with tea….that is why I’m now on Steepster! Just joined in January 2014…

Currently loving strong black teas that hold up to milk and honey well. Since I’ve joined, I have a new found curiosity for keemuns and yunnans. Trying green teas….trying. Herbal? No thanks…they still taste like vase water to me. Maybe that will change one day!

I do like some naturally flavoured teas…almond, vanilla, cardamom, ginger. But mostly I’m an unflavoured tea drinker.

My husband is British and a man whose religion is Tetley, so we’ll see where I drag him on this journey!

San diego