D&B states that this tea will stand up to most Frisian blends, so let’s see! In the cup there is definitely a malty aroma a bit of chocolate, but mostly the notes that accompany a decent breakfast blend. There is assam here as well as Sumatra…there is some astringency that is doing battle with my milk and sugar. But the tea is winning. It is a dark copper cup of morning strength. If you like strong morning blends, you will like this tea.

Flavors: Malt

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
donkeytiara

This was a pretty astringent cup. After 16 ounces it felt like I’d been riding in the back seat of a car with the window down and my tongue out….. dry!

Comments

donkeytiara

Spot or pot, I love a cup!

I learned to drink tea while living in Dublin in the early 80’s, so as you can imagine, I am a hearty brew lover, and take tea with milk and honey. I am trying to expand my horizons with tea….that is why I’m now on Steepster! Just joined in January 2014…

Currently loving strong black teas that hold up to milk and honey well. Since I’ve joined, I have a new found curiosity for keemuns and yunnans. Trying green teas….trying. Herbal? No thanks…they still taste like vase water to me. Maybe that will change one day!

I do like some naturally flavoured teas…almond, vanilla, cardamom, ginger. But mostly I’m an unflavoured tea drinker.

My husband is British and a man whose religion is Tetley, so we’ll see where I drag him on this journey!

San diego