I should have been paying more attention…. I set my tea timer and then got caught up in reading reviews of this tea…and didn’t hear the timer go off! I ordered a sample of this from Harney, so I have one more cup to do this right. For this steep, all I’ll say is that it’s a bit on the astringent side, but with milk and sugar it is a good honest cup of Assam. Nice and malty, and gone from my cup rather quickly!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Spot or pot, I love a cup!

I learned to drink tea while living in Dublin in the early 80’s, so as you can imagine, I am a hearty brew lover, and take tea with milk and honey. I am trying to expand my horizons with tea….that is why I’m now on Steepster! Just joined in January 2014…

Currently loving strong black teas that hold up to milk and honey well. Since I’ve joined, I have a new found curiosity for keemuns and yunnans. Green teas are off my radar, but making little forays into oolong and darjeeling tea. Herbal? No thanks…they still taste like vase water to me. Maybe that will change one day!

I do like some naturally flavoured teas…almond, vanilla, cardamom, ginger. This seems to be mostly in the cooler months…but mostly I’m an unflavoured tea drinker.

San diego