Cruel cruel allergy drugs have taken my sense of taste from me for the last week. Whether it’s the Dymista or the Pulmacort, I know not. All the same, this has kept me away from my “good teas” and relegated me to my “easily replaceable teas” for my for morning pot. But here it is Sunday, and I’m with my teatime companion Pooter http://instagram.com/p/oHY1MignD4/ so I couldn’t resist a large cup of Crimson Horizon.

Some notes are there. The baked bread is…. The light maltiness….So is the smoothness. But the asparagus and a few of the finer notes in this tea are lost to the drugs. I fear I was premature in returning to the tea I love. Rats.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Malt

1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Butiki Teas

Sorry to hear about the allergy med dullness. Awww, cute pic!

Comments

Butiki Teas

Sorry to hear about the allergy med dullness. Awww, cute pic!

Spot or pot, I love a cup!

I learned to drink tea while living in Dublin in the early 80’s, so as you can imagine, I am a hearty brew lover, and take tea with milk and honey. I am trying to expand my horizons with tea….that is why I’m now on Steepster! Just joined in January 2014…

Currently loving strong black teas that hold up to milk and honey well. Since I’ve joined, I have a new found curiosity for keemuns and yunnans. Green teas are off my radar, but making little forays into oolong and darjeeling tea. Herbal? No thanks…they still taste like vase water to me. Maybe that will change one day!

I do like some naturally flavoured teas…almond, vanilla, cardamom, ginger. This seems to be mostly in the cooler months…but mostly I’m an unflavoured tea drinker.

San diego