drank Golden Blend by Harney & Sons

This tea is growing on me….ok not literally (weird mental picture) but the first time I drank this, I didn’t know exactly how to categorize it in my head….I’d never had Golden Monkey and my tasting experience with Yunnan was minimal. I am now fully immersed in exploring Yunnans and other Chinese tea, so I see this tea differently than I did 3 weeks ago. This is smooth, but not “just” smooth. This is subtle, but not “just” subtle. The assam kicks the Golden notes up to the top of the flavor profile and fills in the bottom with strong malt and cocoa/caramel notes. This fills one of those “gaps” inbetween teas, when you don’t want an assam, but need more than a “golden” tipped tea. Lovely.

Flavors: Caramel, Cocoa, Flowers, Honey, Malt

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Sami Kelsh

Ooh, this sounds really pleasant!

Comments

Sami Kelsh

Ooh, this sounds really pleasant!

Spot or pot, I love a cup!

I learned to drink tea while living in Dublin in the early 80’s, so as you can imagine, I am a hearty brew lover, and take tea with milk and honey. I am trying to expand my horizons with tea….that is why I’m now on Steepster! Just joined in January 2014…

Currently loving strong black teas that hold up to milk and honey well. Since I’ve joined, I have a new found curiosity for keemuns and yunnans. Trying green teas….trying. Herbal? No thanks…they still taste like vase water to me. Maybe that will change one day!

I do like some naturally flavoured teas…almond, vanilla, cardamom, ginger. But mostly I’m an unflavoured tea drinker.

My husband is British and a man whose religion is Tetley, so we’ll see where I drag him on this journey!

San diego