My true tea ritual happens on the weekend. Deciding is always the hard part. I chose this Bailin Gongfu today as I reviewed it not long ago and wanted to see if it was as wonderful as I remembered it being. Yup. 2 heaping teaspoons in 16 oz of water, 3 minutes, water 185 degrees. Deep flavor profile filled with baked bread, cocoa, malt, yams, and a touch of caramel. the taste that lingers after the cup is finished is lovely…a floral note stays on the tongue like an unexpected gift to savor after you’ve left your teatime behind. Still recommended!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Caramel, Cocoa, Malt, Yams

Terri HarpLady

It’s been awhile since I had this one!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

It’s been awhile since I had this one!

Spot or pot, I love a cup!

I learned to drink tea while living in Dublin in the early 80’s, so as you can imagine, I am a hearty brew lover, and take tea with milk and honey. I am trying to expand my horizons with tea….that is why I’m now on Steepster! Just joined in January 2014…

Currently loving strong black teas that hold up to milk and honey well. Since I’ve joined, I have a new found curiosity for keemuns and yunnans. Trying green teas….trying. Herbal? No thanks…they still taste like vase water to me. Maybe that will change one day!

I do like some naturally flavoured teas…almond, vanilla, cardamom, ginger. But mostly I’m an unflavoured tea drinker.

My husband is British and a man whose religion is Tetley, so we’ll see where I drag him on this journey!

San diego