I’ve been immersing myself in Yunnans lately, trying to learn about their differences and commonalities, but my allergied-out taste-buds have been yearning for something STRONGER so they can really TASTE something. I reached into the tea cabinet and my hand went directly to this tea. Sigh……….. thank you taste buds. This is just what I needed! I adore good malt and baked bread notes, and this tea has both….along with some chocolate, sweet potato, a touch of raisin and we wee bit of stone fruit (that I find comes out best when having nilla wafers with this tea) Dinjoye Estate Assam has a nice intricate flavor profile without being too complicated. Assam, absence has made my heart grow fonder. I have missed you.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Chocolate, Malt, Raisins, Stonefruits, Sweet Potatoes

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Terri HarpLady

I drank a cup of this first thing this morning. As much as I love my Chinese teas, I need a cup of Assam from time to time too. :)

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Spot or pot, I love a cup!

I learned to drink tea while living in Dublin in the early 80’s, so as you can imagine, I am a hearty brew lover, and take tea with milk and honey. I am trying to expand my horizons with tea….that is why I’m now on Steepster! Just joined in January 2014…

Currently loving strong black teas that hold up to milk and honey well. Since I’ve joined, I have a new found curiosity for keemuns and yunnans. Trying green teas….trying. Herbal? No thanks…they still taste like vase water to me. Maybe that will change one day!

I do like some naturally flavoured teas…almond, vanilla, cardamom, ginger. But mostly I’m an unflavoured tea drinker.

My husband is British and a man whose religion is Tetley, so we’ll see where I drag him on this journey!

San diego