This is my first “2nd flush” tea since really beginning to explore teas this year. I’ve been on a Chinese blacks bender, and in the last few days have decided to return to my first love, the Assams. I am pleased to report that the difference between a 1st flush and a 2nd flush is no longer a mystery to me! Cafe Moto’s Assam Fancy 2nd Flush is a great tea to compare/contrast with first flush Assams. All of the trademark Assam notes are present…the wonderful maltiness, the cocoa base note….but there is a smoothness and depth to this tea that was never present in the “regular” assams I’ve sampled in the past. This tea also has a lovely mouthfeel that is whole but not too weighty. Overall, this is a great, honest Assam with the smoothness and maltiness that I adore. 2nd flush, you’ve made me a fan!

Flavors: Cocoa, Malt

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
TheTeaFairy

Love me some good assam as well :-)

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Love me some good assam as well :-)

Spot or pot, I love a cup!

I learned to drink tea while living in Dublin in the early 80’s, so as you can imagine, I am a hearty brew lover, and take tea with milk and honey. I am trying to expand my horizons with tea….that is why I’m now on Steepster! Just joined in January 2014…

Currently loving strong black teas that hold up to milk and honey well. Since I’ve joined, I have a new found curiosity for keemuns and yunnans. Trying green teas….trying. Herbal? No thanks…they still taste like vase water to me. Maybe that will change one day!

I do like some naturally flavoured teas…almond, vanilla, cardamom, ginger. But mostly I’m an unflavoured tea drinker.

My husband is British and a man whose religion is Tetley, so we’ll see where I drag him on this journey!

San diego