When I stuck my nose into the sample packet of this tea I was very please with the aroma that met my senses…. the leaf of this tea has a gorgeous malty smell that has a deeper aroma than the average malty smell…like malt growing in shaded forest….ooooooooh! In the cup, the smell a bit brighter than dry. Dejoo Second Flush is a medium-light bodied tea with a wonderful malty flavor with a slight roasted nut and a touch of a caramel finish. It’s a bit reminiscent of the peanuts you find in Cracker Jack. There is some astringency in the cup, but not enough to completely dry my tongue after each sip…it’s just enough to make me look forward to my next sip…. of malty goodness.

Dejoo Second Flush Assam holds a bit more than the average malty cup of assam does. If you are exploring Assams, this should be on your wish list.

Flavors: Caramel, Malt, Nuts

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
boychik

And it goes;)

Comments

boychik

And it goes;)

Spot or pot, I love a cup!

I learned to drink tea while living in Dublin in the early 80’s, so as you can imagine, I am a hearty brew lover, and take tea with milk and honey. I am trying to expand my horizons with tea….that is why I’m now on Steepster! Just joined in January 2014…

Currently loving strong black teas that hold up to milk and honey well. Since I’ve joined, I have a new found curiosity for keemuns and yunnans. Trying green teas….trying. Herbal? No thanks…they still taste like vase water to me. Maybe that will change one day!

I do like some naturally flavoured teas…almond, vanilla, cardamom, ginger. But mostly I’m an unflavoured tea drinker.

My husband is British and a man whose religion is Tetley, so we’ll see where I drag him on this journey!

San diego