drank Rose Tea by Golden Moon Tea

Thank you very much to Ricky for sending me a sample of this. I was quiet overwhelmed by the aroma of the dry leaves. They really smelt like a rose bush. It didn’t smell overly synthetic at all.

And it tastes like a rose—just like a rose. I like strong flavors and I like it when teas defy expectations. No daintiness at all here: it’s really like a rose. The tea gets lost amidst the rose.

I had a bunch of conflicting contradictory thoughts. I wanted more tea in my roses. Yet this tea was heavily evocative. I could imagine it being drunk by the Pre-Raphaelite painters. I could imagine it being on foot lotion or in perfume, as others have noted.

Most of all it made me really miss my mother. It’s one of those times when I really wish I could call her up and say “You wouldn’t believe what I just drank!” And she’d get excited. And we would have a long talk ranging from roses to beverages to a special bush that somebody planted in 1904.

So it is certainly an old-fashioned experience for me although I imagine that the ability to infuse tea with such exceptional flavor must be a newish technique.

I have no idea if I will wake up in a few days or a few weeks or a few months and NEED to buy a full container of this or if it will waft away into oblivion like yesterday’s perfume. I’m certainly glad I tried it but I wonder if it isn’t simply a novel-Tea.

Kristin

I thought I was the only one who woke up and decided that I NEEDED to buy some tea that I previous said “meh” about. :)

Stephanie

Scent is a powerful thing. Flex shampoo reminds me of my mother. Or how I remember my mom when I was little. Flex shampoo has been discontinued for years, I think.

Doulton

Yes, scent is very powerful. My mother used to love Tea Rose and sprayed it on her clothes—even though it was not a costly scent. Tea, which involves scent and taste, sometimes gets to me in unexpected ways. I love smoky teas right now but started out scorning them a bit. Something snapped and now I must begin every day with one. This rose tea might disappear from my consciousness or it might start screaming “Buy me, buy me!”

__Morgana__

Chanel no. 5 will always remind me of my mom. It was her favorite.

I like rose teas, but they are pretty powerful. A little dab will do me for a while. I could see keeping a very small amount around for when the time is ripe but I could never drink it every day.

Jenn-cha

Rose teas are one of my must have teas. Good on their own or spiced with milk added like a chai. It’s also a great tea to drink when you’re having chocolates or something with chocolate in it.

Ricky

Isn’t it great that I don’t have to associate Rose with lotion or body spray or mothers =]. When I smell rose I think of a bouquet of flowers ;)

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

I suspect rose tea is something I’ll rather like but don’t think that I will like it all. Similar to jasmine tea.

Comments

Kristin

Stephanie

Doulton

__Morgana__

Chanel no. 5 will always remind me of my mom. It was her favorite.

Jenn-cha

Ricky

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

I really love big, bold, brash teas. Smokiness enthralls me. I don’t seem to do subtle.
I don’t do rooibos.

My rating system:
0-30:
Never again in a hundred million years

31-55: This tea probably has some redeeming qualities but I won’t would not seek it out again.

56-70:
Shows some promise but also has a fundamental flaw. I probably owe these a second taste but am unmotivated.

71-80:
Good with at least one strong quality; I probably would not buy it but would drink it cheerfully.

81-90: Worthy contenders; they might be ranked 100 on somebody’s else’s scale. I like them a lot but have not fallen in love. Will probably buy and use.

91-95: These are the true loves, the chosen ones, the ones I dream about and crave. Unless they are in a limited edition—la! how you tease me!—I will always keep in my cupboard.

96-100: I cannot be separated from these teas and would develop a panic attack if I were to run out.

“She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.”

Elderly dowager. Quintessential cat lady.

Tea which must be in stock always:

Black Dragon LS by Upton Teas: My choice every morning.

Florence & Lapsang Souchong by Harney & Sons

a good Gen Maicha

Samovar: Russian Blend, Maiden’s Ecstasy, Ryokucha

Mariage Frères: Confucious, Vivaldi, Eros, Aida, Marco Polo

American Tea Room: Brioche

Leland Teas: Bogart

Life in Teacup:
An Xi Tie Guan Yin Grade II modern green style & also Charcoal Style

In the midst of the middle of the heart of nowhere in particular.