Wonderful if you love roses and if you don’t—maybe this tea will convert you. This is one of the best rose-immersion experiences I have had. I think it’s on a par with Rosy Earl Grey from Teas, Etc. The rose is not competing with an Earl Grey. Sometimes I really want the Earl Grey to be the backdrop for the rose but this is a more fragrant, floral tea. I guess I will have to keep both in stock!

ashmanra

This sounds delightful! I wonder if Sally’s Secret from Harney and Sons is anything like this?

American Tea Room

you might want to try our new Victoria which is a regal Earl Grey with rose petals and a hint of Vanilla — also our new Romanoff (which kind of replaced L"orangerie.

Comments

ashmanra

American Tea Room

I really love big, bold, brash teas. Smokiness enthralls me. I don’t seem to do subtle.
I don’t do rooibos.

My rating system:
0-30:
Never again in a hundred million years

31-55: This tea probably has some redeeming qualities but I won’t would not seek it out again.

56-70:
Shows some promise but also has a fundamental flaw. I probably owe these a second taste but am unmotivated.

71-80:
Good with at least one strong quality; I probably would not buy it but would drink it cheerfully.

81-90: Worthy contenders; they might be ranked 100 on somebody’s else’s scale. I like them a lot but have not fallen in love. Will probably buy and use.

91-95: These are the true loves, the chosen ones, the ones I dream about and crave. Unless they are in a limited edition—la! how you tease me!—I will always keep in my cupboard.

96-100: I cannot be separated from these teas and would develop a panic attack if I were to run out.

“She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.”

Elderly dowager. Quintessential cat lady.

Tea which must be in stock always:

Black Dragon LS by Upton Teas: My choice every morning.

Florence & Lapsang Souchong by Harney & Sons

a good Gen Maicha

Samovar: Russian Blend, Maiden’s Ecstasy, Ryokucha

Mariage Frères: Confucious, Vivaldi, Eros, Aida, Marco Polo

American Tea Room: Brioche

Leland Teas: Bogart

Life in Teacup:
An Xi Tie Guan Yin Grade II modern green style & also Charcoal Style

In the midst of the middle of the heart of nowhere in particular.