I bought this after reading a novel in which a character drank Lapsang Souchong, so I guess I deserve what I got.

I hated it. Smells like the house is burning. I tried to give it a second chance at work and the smoke was so strong I was afraid someone would pull a fire alarm. People were looking around for the source of the smoke.

I won’t give it a number, since I know there are people who really like the smoke, but caveat emptor.

K S

I could have written this a year ago. In fact I probably did. Now I find good smoke tasty.

MelissaTea

I had the same experience Dr Jim and I am in no hurry to try it again, but KS post reminds us that we can grow to love such things. So, who knows.

Comments

K S

MelissaTea

Retired engineer/physicist.
My ratings will usually be based on multiple tastings. Green and oolong teas are generally 3 grams of tea in 6 oz water for 1 minute. Black teas are 1.5 grams of tea in 6 oz water for 3-4 minutes.

My numerical ratings are all based on how much enjoyment I took from the tea. Since I prefer blacks and oolongs, they will receive higher scores. I also give a couple of extra points to decafs, just because I can drink them in the evening without staying up half the night. I don’t dislike flavored teas, but find that they lack the complexity of finer teas.

90-100 = superior, worth a high price
80-89 = Excellent. Will buy again
70-79 = Good tea, but probably won’t buy
60-69 = Nothing really wrong, but…
Below 60 = Wouldn’t drink again