drank White Tropics by Adagio Teas

Number 1 from “Another Travelling Tea Box”

I’ve been getting into white tea lately so chose this one for my first tea. I loved the nose: it seemed floral, but probably should say honeydew, since this is tropical fruit. The taste was disappointing: kind of disjointed. There is also a little bitterness underneath the flavor, which lingers into the finish. Not bad but not something I would buy more of.

As I drank this down, I kept lowering my rating. I seemed to notice the bitterness more, and the fruit less.

Retired engineer/physicist.
My ratings will usually be based on multiple tastings. Green and oolong teas are generally 3 grams of tea in 6 oz water for 1 minute. Black teas are 1.5 grams of tea in 6 oz water for 3-4 minutes.

My numerical ratings are all based on how much enjoyment I took from the tea. Since I prefer blacks and oolongs, they will receive higher scores. I also give a couple of extra points to decafs, just because I can drink them in the evening without staying up half the night. I don’t dislike flavored teas, but find that they lack the complexity of finer teas.

90-100 = superior, worth a high price
80-89 = Excellent. Will buy again
70-79 = Good tea, but probably won’t buy
60-69 = Nothing really wrong, but…
Below 60 = Wouldn’t drink again