drank Dong Ding Light by Harney & Sons

Number 3 from Travelling Tea box (I won’t review all teas)

I did this Gaiwan-style with 1.5 grams of tea for 3 oz water and 1 minute steeps.

First steep was very light. Light grassy nose with hints of veggie and spice. Light taste (not surprising since the leaves haven’t unwrapped yet). 2nd: Nose has more spice, less veggie. Taste is astringent without being bitter. A bit too light; style is elegant rather than powerful. 3rd (2.5 min): Nose and taste are stronger. Still a delicate style. 4th (6 min steep): Still good.

Retired engineer/physicist.
My ratings will usually be based on multiple tastings. Green and oolong teas are generally 3 grams of tea in 6 oz water for 1 minute. Black teas are 1.5 grams of tea in 6 oz water for 3-4 minutes.

My numerical ratings are all based on how much enjoyment I took from the tea. Since I prefer blacks and oolongs, they will receive higher scores. I also give a couple of extra points to decafs, just because I can drink them in the evening without staying up half the night. I don’t dislike flavored teas, but find that they lack the complexity of finer teas.

90-100 = superior, worth a high price
80-89 = Excellent. Will buy again
70-79 = Good tea, but probably won’t buy
60-69 = Nothing really wrong, but…
Below 60 = Wouldn’t drink again